Digital photography isn't always just about taking images, it can also be about editing, enhancing and sharing them.
Learning how to use image-editing software will not only improve your photos, but can also be used to manage and organise them through an efficient digital workflow.
This intensive and fun photo/image editing workshop is designed for complete beginners with no or little knowledge and is aimed at those who are struggling with the digital process, giving them an understanding of where to start.
Through demonstrations and hands-on tuition your tutor will help you get to grips with the basic key tools within Photoshop Elements; covering from the initial downloading and processing RAW/Jpeg file types, through the image-editing stage to sharpening, resizing and saving files to output for print and on-screen.
If time allows you will be able to work on your own images with guidance from your tutor.
The techniques and knowledge you will learn on this workshop can also be used in other image-editing programmes such as Picasa, GIMP and may other free or online software.
This workshop covers:
* Steps for a simple digital workflow
* Downloading, managing & storing photos, adding tags
* Basic photo enhancement techniques: colour & tone adjustment, cropping, straightening
* Creating a Photomerge from multiple images
* Sharing images via email
* Correcting white balance & exposure
* Improving highlights, shadows and contrast
* Using the histogram to correct highlight and shadow clipping
* Improving quality of image by 'cleaning up' using healing tools
* Converting an image to black and white
* Creating a photomontage from multiple images
* Understanding pixel resolution - resizing images for print & web/email
* Preparing images for print & on-screen - resolution & colour space
* Saving and working with various file formats: Jpeg, RAW, Tiff, PSD
Delegates should have a basic understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
What to bring:
A foolscap wallet for your photos. A USB pen/stick or blank CD.
Bring a packed lunch or use local facilities. Drinks provided.
The above course will be certificated.
Times: 10am – 5pm
Address:The Royal Photographic Society, Fenton House, 122 Wells Road, Bath BA2 3AH
Parking: There is no parking at the RPS on week days but there are spaces available in the surrounding streets. At weekends you can park in the RPS car park which is accessed to the left of the building through a gateway.