The RPS Summer Exhibition is an exciting new opportunity for members to exhibit their photography in a group show at RPS Gallery, from 1 July - 28 August 2023. Entry is open from 1 Nov 2022 - 22 Jan 2023, exclusively to our international creative community of members, at all stages of their photographic journey.
Call for Entries / Members Summer Exhibition 2023
The RPS Summer Exhibition is a new exhibition open-call for RPS members, inviting you to enter your images for an opportunity to exhibit at RPS Gallery, in July 2023, as part of a summer series of events next year. Entry is open exclusively to our creative community of members, across all experience levels and interests.
From digital to analogue, including alternative processes, phone photography, scientific work and new techniques, this exhibition encourages entries across the broad spectrum of image-making, and we are excited to see the diversity of work our members are creating.
Whether you are a new member, a distinction holder, professional photographer, student, or just starting your journey experimenting with photography, we encourage you to share your images with us.
The Exhibitions Team are on hand to advise members should they need any support when submitting their images, or advice on sending us a print of their image if they are selected for exhibition.
The RPS Summer Exhibition will open at RPS Gallery, Bristol, from 1 July - 28 August 2023.
The closing date to enter your images is Sunday 22 January 2023, 23:59 GMT
- Entry is open to RPS members, UK and worldwide
- Entries welcomed across the broad range of photographic interests and genres
- Techniques using film and alternative photographic processes encouraged
- Each online entry consists of 4 single images
- Files should be under 10MB in size, submitted as JPEG files, in sRGB colour space. Images can be scans from film or prints if your work uses alternative or traditional photographic processes
- Entry cost: £15
- Entries will be reviewed anonymously by the experienced RPS staff team alongside RPS President, Simon Hill HonFRPS in February 2023. The team will be focussed on including the broadest selection of work to represent the creative community of members at all stages of their photographic journey
- Early-bird Prize: Enter before Friday 2 December to be included in the Early-bird Prize Draw to win a rare signed artist copy of the photobook ‘Squaring the Circles of Confusion’ by Zelda Cheatle and RPS. Zelda recently received the Outstanding Contribution to Photography Award from the RPS
The new open-call invites RPS Members to enter their images for an opportunity to exhibit at RPS Gallery, in July 2023, as part of a summer series of events next year. The exhibition will be a celebration of photography, across interests, approaches, and experiences.
Explore a selection of recent images from RPS Members and be inspired to submit your work to RPS Summer Exhibition 2023
RPS Gallery, Bristol, United Kingdom
RPS Gallery is situated in the photography hub of Bristol alongside the Martin Parr Foundation. Previous exhibitions have included Squaring the Circles of Confusion: Neo-Pictorialism in the 21st Century, Generations: Portraits of Holocaust Survivors, IN PROGRESS: Laia Abril - Hoda Afshar - Widline Cadet - Adama Jalloh - Alba Zari; Jack Latham's Sugar Paper Theories and Mandy Barker's Altered Ocean.
Young Carers: A Life in Focus: 21 December - 21 January 2023
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 10am - 5pm, free admission
The exhibition team are on hand to advise members should they need any support when submitting their images, or advice on sending us a print of their image if they are selected for exhibition.
For all enquires, please email email@example.com