Coronavirus outbreak updates
Last updated 2 September at 10:30.
We have been overwhelmed by how our staff and volunteers have responded to the challenges of the pandemic. Despite not being able to meet face-to-face, we have enjoyed fantastic engagement through our growing range of online workshops, talks, and other activities.
We still face a lot of uncertainty, so we have decided to keep most of our measures in place for the remainder of 2020. Therefore:
- Our Bristol gallery is closed until the end of 2020.
- Corporate hire of our Bristol HQ is cancelled until the end of 2020.
- RPS House is open for deliveries Monday-Friday from 0900-1700 and for pre-arranged appointments with staff.
- We do not plan to hold any RPS HQ-organised workshops or other events at RPS House before the end of 2020. Workshops at other venues which are COVID-compliant are being held. We are continuing to run an extensive programme of online workshops and events and will continue to add to these.
- Volunteer-led activity in the UK has resumed, subject to government guidance and a risk assessment being undertaken.
- Distinctions: Assessments of print submissions will resume from September onwards, and we are looking at bringing in an audience via Zoom, but will confirm this via our Facebook page once it has been agreed. Please email booking forms to email@example.com.
- Several staff members remain on furlough, but all our core functions remain operational.
- We are monitoring the health and wellbeing of all our staff and doing everything we can to support them during this period.
- Committee meetings will continue to be held online until at least the end of the year. We offer training and support to volunteers wishing to conduct video conference meetings. For further information contact the Volunteering Manager.
- If volunteers have any questions or concerns, they should in the first instance contact the RPS Volunteering Manager: 0117 316 4484 or 07936 362365, e: firstname.lastname@example.org.