Coronavirus outbreak updates
Last updated 5 January 2021.
RPS volunteers and staff have responded with ingenuity and generosity to the challenges of the pandemic. Despite not being able to meet face-to-face, we have supported thousands of people throughout the world to continue engaging in creative and active photography through our growing range of online workshops, talks, and many other activities.
We all still face a lot of uncertainty, so we have put in place the following measures:
- Our Bristol gallery is closed for the time being. We are now aiming to re-open in April 2021.
- Corporate hire of our Bristol HQ is also cancelled.
- During the current lockdown, RPS House is closed to the public. All staff are working from home, with limited exceptions, following government advice.
- We do not plan to hold any RPS HQ-organised workshops or other events at RPS House during the first quarter of 2021. We are continuing to run an extensive programme of online workshops and events and will continue to add to these.
- Volunteer-led activity in the UK has resumed, subject to government guidance and risk assessments being undertaken.
- Distinctions: Assessments of print, digital and book submissions are taking place, including new audience attendance online. Please email booking forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can accept delivery of portfolios from couriers only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, between 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
- Several staff members remain on furlough, but all our core functions are operational.
- We are monitoring the health and wellbeing of all our staff and doing everything we can to support them during this period.
- Committee meetings will continue to be held online until at least the end of the year. We offer training and support to volunteers wishing to conduct video conference meetings. For further information contact the Volunteering Manager.
- If volunteers have any questions or concerns, they should in the first instance contact the RPS Volunteering Manager: 0117 316 4484 or 07936 362365, e: email@example.com.