Updates regarding the Coronavirus outbreak
Last updated 17th July at 10:00.
We have been overwhelmed by how our staff and volunteers have responded to the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic. Despite not being able to meet face-to-face, we have enjoyed fantastic engagement with our growing range of online workshops, talks, and other activities.
Despite the lockdown measures being gradually lifted, we still face a lot of uncertainty, so we have decided to keep most of our measures in place for the remainder of 2020. Therefore:
- We have no plans to open our Bristol gallery before the end of 2020.
- Similarly, we do not plan to hold any RPS HQ-led face-to-face workshops, talks and other events in Bristol or elsewhere before the end of 2020, with the exception of our workshops in partnership with Amersham Studios. We are now running an extensive range of online workshops and events and will continue to add to this. The only exception to this is that we will plan some outdoor workshops in the Autumn.
- We are asking our volunteers in the UK to wait until September before running any face-to-face activities. Should the situation allow face-to-face activity to continue at this point all events will, of course, need to follow UK government guidance and will need to be risk assessed.
- Volunteer-led activity outdoors may continue from early July if it follows government guidance and is risk assessed.
- With respect to Distinctions: Assessments of print submissions will continue from September onwards but this will be behind closed doors - sadly, applicants will not be able to attend Distinctions assessments. Do not send booking forms, print, book, CD or USB submissions to us by post or courier before August. Please email all booking forms for new applications directly to email@example.com. To help us process your booking more effectively we request that you choose to make your payment via PayPal (details available on page 3 of the form).
- All committee meetings will be conducted by video conference between now and the end of the year. In the meantime, we will continue to provide training and support for any volunteers wishing to conduct video conference meetings. Please contact the Volunteering Manager for further information.
- Several staff members remain on furlough, but all our core functions remain operational.
- Our Bristol HQ will be opened for essential deliveries and visitors by prior arrangement during normal office hours.
- We are cancelling all corporate hire of our Bristol HQ until the end of 2020.
- We are monitoring the health and wellbeing of all our staff on a daily basis and doing everything we can to support them during this period.
- If volunteers have any questions or concerns, they should in the first instance contact the RPS Volunteering Manager: 0117 316 4484, 07936 362365, firstname.lastname@example.org.