Last updated 29 September 2021
As we continue down the government's roadmap back to normality, we regularly review and update our procedures to ensure that we protect our members and staff and the public.
Since March 2020 RPS volunteers and staff have responded brilliantly to the challenges of the pandemic. They have supported thousands of people throughout the world, inspiring and supporting them, and engaging with the wider community of photographers through our online workshops, talks, and activities.
Although the UK continues to emerge from the worst of the pandemic, some uncertainty remains. We have set out our general approach below:
- RPS House is COVID-safe. It has re-opened to staff and visitors, although many staff will continue to work partly from home and the office. It is open Monday-Friday from 9am - 5pm.
- The RPS Gallery has re-opened from Thursday-Sunday, 10am - 5pm, with timed entry bookable via the website (walk-in visits are usually possible, but we encourage booking ahead if you can).
- For both RPS House and the Gallery social-distancing and mask-wearing are optional, and enhanced cleaning is being carried out. The Gallery and public spaces are well ventilated.
- We will continue to run online events.
- Where live events are held we will aim to make them available online via streaming, or by recording them.
- Our Groups and Regions have restarted outdoor events and indoor events in a COVID-safe way.
- Distinctions: Assessments of print, digital and book submissions will continue to take place online until 2022. The delivery of portfolios is available during normal office opening hours.
As you would expect, the RPS will continue to monitor government guidance and we may change the above at short notice to reflect this.