Fully Booked - next date 2nd July.
A Webinar for Photographers - conducted by Zoom recorded screenshare. Maximum of 12 participants.
Note: This is for people who have never used Squarespace before and are at beginner level.
This unique opportunity is specifically aimed at photographers, with approved Squarespace specialist, Allie Astell, and it will comprise of two stages:
- In advance of the webinar, you will be sent a link to download 10 short video tutorials (2.5 hours in total) where Allie will teach you how to set up and manage your own website. You can watch these at your leisure, and you will need to have done this before the live session.
- During the Zoom webinar itself, a two-hour Q&A, you will all have the chance to ask Allie your questions, brainstorm ideas, and refine your knowledge before you start work on your website.
Once you have chosen your preferred template (before or after the Q&A), she will set up your Squarespace account for you, as this will allow you a 6-month free trial and a 20% discount on your first year of hosting. If you pay a year in advance for hosting, you are also entitled to a free domain name and custom Google email address for 12 months.
Photography is a hugely competitive industry, so it’s essential that your work stands out and engages the viewer from the very first glance. Squarespace is one of the simplest platforms you can use to create a beautiful website. With a variety of templates available, your website portfolio will look smart and polished.
You will learn how to create perfect galleries and optimise images for search engines. You’ll also receive guidance on making your site look stylish and professional, as well as expert advice on how to continue developing it.
The course is suitable for both amateur and professional photographers who are interested in showcasing their portfolio.
Please note this course requires an intermediate level of computer literacy. The class does not include training in e-commerce or creating online shops.
- An overview of setting up and managing a new photography portfolio or photography blog on Squarespace
- How to choose the best template for your requirements
- Adding pages to your website and editing text
- How to style your website with logos, colours and fonts
- Preparing images and creating picture galleries
- The basics of SEO: expert advice on how to make your site search engine- friendly, particularly when it comes to optimising your photographs
- Integrating widgets for social media and creating a contact form
- Q&A webinar
- The webinar will be recorded so that attendees are able to download it and refer back to the session as required
Please look out for the attachment in your confirmation email. If you don't receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Allie will need access to your email address to enable her to send you a link to the class - we will presume that by booking this course you are giving permission unless you contact us to state otherwise.
We will also be sending you the tutors email address, and all the links and info you will need once you have signed up.
Overseas participants - Please check the time of the workshop if you are outside the UK. This link which will help you to calculate the timing of the online workshop: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html
Allie Astell, Founder of Manage My Website is an Authorised Squarespace Trainer and Approved Specialist and has lectured for Guardian Masterclasses. With 11 years’ experience training people in website design and online marketing, she'll spend 4 hours teaching you how to build your Squarespace website with clear guidance to walk you through the process. This is a webinar not to be missed.
How to prepare
Ahead of the Q&A session, you’re strongly encouraged to put together a list of questions you’d like to ask or issues you have. Once all questions have been addressed, you’ll be invited to ask more questions if time allows.
Follow up support
Allie will launch each attendee’s website for them when they are ready (free of charge), however any additional support required will be chargeable by the hour.
We are pleased to offer a 20% discount on new memberships to anyone who attends one of our online events between 1 April – 30 June 2020. Find out more here.
Image: Steve Hoskins
- Emma Delves-Broughton
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
Join from your location
Link will be supplied