Build your website with Squarespace: A workshop for photographers.
This unique hands-on workshop is specifically aimed at photographers, with approved Squarespace specialist, Allie Astell, who will teach you how to set up and manage your own website.
Photography is a hugely competitive industry, so it’s essential that your work stands out and engages the viewer from the very first glance. Squarespace is one of the simplest platforms you can use to create a beautiful website. With a variety of templates available, your website portfolio will look smart and polished.
Over the course of the day, you will learn how to create perfect galleries and optimise images for search engines. You’ll also receive guidance on making your site look stylish and professional, as well as expert advice on how to continue developing it after the class.
The course is suitable for both amateur and professional photographers who are interested in showcasing their portfolio.
There are only 12 places available on a first-come, first-served basis in order to ensure that everyone receives the support that they require for their individual needs.
Please note this course requires an intermediate level of computer literacy – it’s not suitable for absolute beginners. The class does not include training in e-commerce or creating online shops.
- An overview of setting up and managing a new photography portfolio or photography blog on Squarespace
- How to choose the best template for your requirements
- Adding pages to your website and editing text
- How to style your website with logos, colours and fonts
- Preparing images and creating picture galleries
- The basics of SEO: expert advice on how to make your site search engine- friendly, particularly when it comes to optimising your photographs
- Integrating widgets for social media and creating a contact form
- Launching your website online
- Hand-outs with advice and links to help you create your Squarespace site and continue working on it at home
- Q&A and feedback on work carried out during the class
Allie Astell, Founder of Manage My Website is an Authorised Squarespace Trainer and Approved Specialist and has lectured for Guardian Masterclasses. With 10 years’ experience training people in website design and online marketing, she'll spend a day teaching you how to build your Squarespace website with clear guidance to walk you through the process. This is a workshop not to be missed.
What to bring
You’ll need to bring your own MacBook or laptop with you, and please remember your charger! Ahead of the class you’re strongly encouraged to put some thought into the content and branding of your website – for example, colour preferences, text for different pages, and any images or logos you’d like to use.
Image © Steve Hoskins
- Venue Information
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
- RPS Website