This workshop will be limited to 6 people to allow you extra time and opportunities.
The content of this workshop will cover a creative study in lighting for the male body shape and form.
Using a variety of different styles of lighting, including rim lighting, high key, low key and use of projection. Tutor, Jon Gray will be explaining and demonstrating each technique and then you will be working on a one to one with the male model. Jon will also be on hand to offer a critique and advice on your images through-out the day.
All Lighting, flash triggers, Modifiers Lighting gels and reflectors will be supplied.
What to bring:
A DSLR camera and 24 to 105mm lens or prime lenses; 50mm, 80mm 100mm. A tripod if you have one, a cable release, spare memory and fully charged batteries.
A packed lunch or use local amenities.
All lighting, flash triggers, modifiers lighting gels and reflectors will be supplied.
Recommended a DSLR Camera (not a point and shoot)
Lenses: 24mm, 35mm, 50mm,85mm,100mm or 24-105mm zoom lens
All lighting, props and sets supplied.
Tutor: Jon Gray F.B.I.P.P. Jon has been in the photographic industry for over 40 years, and has had a wide range of experience working with a variety of leading Advertising and Fashion agencies.
Professional Qualifications: Awarded A Fellowship of the British institute of Professional Photographer. National Union of Journalist.
Commissions: Gucci, P&O, Dunlop, The Telegraph, Vogue, Saatchi’s, B.P, P&O, Athena, Ferrari, Zap fashion.
Shooting stills for a BBC Film; The Naked Civil Servant (played by John Hurt) and also Quentin Crisp one man show in New York. Getty Images.
Magazine Features and reviews of Jon's work: Chinese Photography Magazine, The Professional Photographer, Digital Photography, The BIPP magazine. The Lite book magazine, Digital Camera Magazine. Glamour and Beauty photography teaching book published in the UK and in Russia.
Teaching and Workshops: The RPS Workshops, The BIPP, Brooks film school in L.A.
Two Fashion and Beauty Teaching DVDS.
Images © Jon Gray
COVID-19 Guidance for the Coach House Photography Studio
COVID-19 HEALTH STATEMENT TO BE READ BY, OR TO, ALL STUDIO PATRONS.
As part of our commitment to provide a safe working environment for everyone using the studio during the unprecedented, fast-changing COVID-19 situation, we need to know that you have listened to, or read, and understood the following statements:
1. You have no cause to believe that you have COVID-19 or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
2. You have been meeting the Government COVID-19 guidelines and 2m-distancing when not at work as defined here.
3. As far as you are aware, you have not been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or anyone who is showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
4. You have not travelled to, nor to your knowledge had any contact with any individual travelling from any high COVID-19 risk countries (as deemed by UK FCO) in the 14 days prior to the shoot.
5. You have not had a cough, or a temperature of 38 degrees centigrade or above in the last 14 days.
6. If you develop a cough or a temperature of 38 degrees centigrade or above at any point before or during or within 14 days following the shoot you will immediately inform the CHPS management team.
7. If you are over 70 years of age or have any pre-existing condition which would put yourself at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, as defined by the Government here, you must inform CHPS management team.
8. You will notify the CHPS management team immediately should anything change as regards to the above confirmations.
9. You have either heard or read and understood and agree to abide by the COVID-19 CHPS guidelines.
- Venue Information
Location: Nearest train stations: Swanley or Eynsford (pick up service available).
By car: Exit jct 3 M25 and follow signs to Farningham
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
The Coach House Photographic Studio
Pied Bull Pub