NEW - What does it take to nail that perfect portrait? Or street scene?
In this 2 hour workshop, we’ll show you how to overcome your fears, shoot images of people that connect, tips on portraiture, street, documentary, and how we use light to spotlight our subject.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’d like to take compelling photographs of people and scenes.
What will you learn?
- What kind of people images can I take, and what’s involved.
- How to approach each category confidently, and enjoying the shoot.
- Learn that less is more, how to draw out your voice, and making connections.
- Understanding how light can elevate your image to greatness.
- A live online workshop, by Zoom, over 2 hours from 6.30 – 8.30pm (London)
- Consisting of 4 signposted stages, with lots of visual examples (so we show not tell), guided voting (to confirm your understanding), live demonstrations plus ongoing support post-workshop, so you can try the techniques for yourself.
- You won’t need your camera, just a cup of tea, a pad and pen.
- You will be sent a PDF guide after the workshop finishes, which contains valuable information on how create compelling photographs of people.
What is Creativity Live?
Creativity Live is a series of workshops designed for those without a formal education in photography. Heavily visual, with plenty of examples, we take a show-not-tell approach to teaching, guiding you step-by-step through the more creative elements of photography; so you understand how to make your work stand out, see behind the scenes how the best images are made, and build your confidence - and ability - to take your photography forwards.
Please look out for the attachment in your confirmation email, it contains the Zoom joining link and passcode. If you don't receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon will need access to your email address to enable him to send you any workshop notes - we will presume that by booking this course you are giving permission unless you contact us to state otherwise.
Overseas participants - Please check the time of the workshop if you are outside the UK. This link which will help you to calculate the timing of the online workshop: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html
Jon Cunningham, is a professional photographer and founder of award-winning creative education company, Creative Escapes. His work has been published in The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Country Living and more, shot 7 books for Penguin and Dorling Kindersley, taught photography internationally across 16 countries, mentored dozens of photographers from beginner to professional, and is the author of ‘Teach Yourself : Your Complete Photography Course’ (Hodder).
Image: ©2021 Imogen Cunningham Trust. All Rights Reserved
- Emma Delves-Broughton
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
Join from your location
Link attached to event booking confirmation email