This course covers Starting Out – where your initial ideas will come from, how to find photography you love, and how to research and plan a project.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’d like to progress your photography skills and learn how to tell stories in your images (but are not sure where to start).
What will you learn?
- How to quickly find photographers you’ll love
- Be able to easily distinguish good and bad examples of storytelling in photography
- How to rapidly translate ideas into shots
- See why photographs are perfect at suggesting stories
- Get access to a wealth of resources to build your photographic understanding
- Reinforce each step of the process through video interviews with an existing RPS member currently building a project
A live online course, by Zoom, led by RPS Documentary Chair, Mark Phillips FRPS, and Jon Cunningham, founder of award winning creative education company, Creative Escapes.
The course will take place from 10 - 3pm (London) and consists of 4 signposted stages, with lots of examples, short films, interactivity, voting and discussion, with Q&A throughout.
You will be sent a free copy of a 58 page PDF after the workshop finishes, plus exclusive access to a private Facebook page to share your stories, administered by the Documentary Group, Fellows of RPS, distinction advisors and external professional photographers.
"The methods/tools you presented were exactly right and, incidentally, are the very tools that I use."— Simon Hill, President Elect RPS
"Can't thank you enough for putting these together. I think the teaching approach is excellent - I’ve read a lot of books on the subject, but I have learnt more on these workshops in a much shorter time."— Judy Ford, LRPS
"Great course, well presented, by very experienced speakers. No or little jargon, hence accessible and understandable for newbies. Great that there’s after-course support."— Rolf Krahenbuehl, LRPS
- Mark Phillips
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date.
The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date. If the event is cancelled by the RPS the ticket price will be refunded.
Join from your location
Link will be supplied