Our courses share decades worth of learning that will show you how to tell stories with your camera. That’s the simple aim.
This course covers Editing & Sequencing – how to complete your series, including editing, sequencing, showing your work and getting feedback.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’re looking to understand how to properly edit and sequence, to achieve that effortless flow only the best series seem to pull off.
What will you learn?
- How to know when you’ve finished.
- How to best structure your project for maximum impact.
- Gain invaluable pro editing techniques during a live online edit.
- Learn about ‘killing your darlings’
- Try out sequencing techniques live online
- Find people to review your work to add extra polish
- Get the work out there so it’s the best it can be
- Reinforce each step of the process through video interviews with an existing RPS member currently building a project
A live online course, by Zoom, led by RPS Documentary Chair, Mark Phillips FRPS, and Jon Cunningham, founder of award winning creative education company, Creative Escapes.
The course will take place from 10 - 3pm (London) and consists of 4 signposted stages, with lots of examples, short films, interactivity, voting and discussion, with Q&A throughout.
You will be sent a free copy of a 53 page PDF after the workshop finishes, plus exclusive access to a private Facebook page to share your stories, administered by the Documentary Group, Fellows of RPS, distinction advisors and external professional photographers.
"The methods/tools you presented were exactly right and, incidentally, are the very tools that I use."— Simon Hill, President Elect RPS
"Can't thank you enough for putting these together. I think the teaching approach is excellent - I’ve read a lot of books on the subject, but I have learnt more on these workshops in a much shorter time."— Judy Ford, LRPS
"Great course, well presented, by very experienced speakers. No or little jargon, hence accessible and understandable for newbies. Great that there’s after-course support."— Rolf Krahenbuehl, LRPS
- Mark Phillips
Join from your location
Link will be supplied
Workshops - Telling Stories with your Camera
These workshops are intended to provide expert practical guidance for those considering or already working on long term projects (documentary, contemporary or travel). They aim to address some of the challenges in three areas: Starting out (building a photographic series, defining your intent, planning and researching your project), The Shoot (field work, shooting to a narrative, keeping it going and staying motivated) and Editing and Sequencing (selecting images for exhibitions, panels & books, sequencing them and getting your work out there).
Check out the latest workshops on our Events page