Our courses share decades worth of learning that will show you how to tell stories with your camera. That’s the simple aim.
This course covers The Shoot – tips from professional photographers to ensure you get the results you want, how to effectively plan your time, plus contemporary composition techniques to make your work really stand out.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’re looking to shoot a project, but not quite getting the results you expect.
What will you learn?
- Be clear about why you are doing the project (so your audience knows too).
- Understand the context, consider ethics and how people interpret your work.
- Try out simple visualisation techniques, so you shoot eye grabbing shots.
- Go behind the scenes and see what the pro’s take on their shoot.
- Learn how to build a connection with your subject.
- Contemporary composition techniques to give stronger visual impact to your images.
- Reinforce each step of the process through video interviews with an existing RPS member currently building a project
A live online course, by Zoom, led by RPS Documentary Chair, Mark Phillips FRPS, and Jon Cunningham, founder of award winning creative education company, Creative Escapes.
The course will take place from 10 - 3pm (London) and consists of 4 signposted stages, with lots of examples, short films, interactivity, voting and discussion, with Q&A throughout.
You will be sent a free copy of a 67 page PDF after the workshop finishes, plus exclusive access to a private Facebook page to share your stories, administered by the Documentary Group, Fellows of RPS, distinction advisors and external professional photographers.
"The methods/tools you presented were exactly right and, incidentally, are the very tools that I use."— Simon Hill, President Elect RPS
"Can't thank you enough for putting these together. I think the teaching approach is excellent - I’ve read a lot of books on the subject, but I have learnt more on these workshops in a much shorter time."— Judy Ford, LRPS
"Great course, well presented, by very experienced speakers. No or little jargon, hence accessible and understandable for newbies. Great that there’s after-course support."— Rolf Krahenbuehl, LRPS
- Mark Phillips
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date.
The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date. If the event is cancelled by the RPS the ticket price will be refunded.
Join from your location
Link will be supplied