This will be an on-location workshop for up to six participants. Tickets will go on sale on 1 October.
Photograph the incredible Arundel Castle at dawn and it’s reflections on the River Arun. We’ll explore the viewpoints of the castle and different perspectives of the area, using various focal lengths to study composition of the town’s landscape.
Following the on-location workshop we will have a follow-up session via Zoom to discuss images and processing techniques. You will meet again with Philip and the other participants to share your images and receive feedback from Philip and the rest of the group.
Please bring / wear:
- Loose change for car parks and public toilets - ESSENTIAL (see below)
- Camera, charged batteries, memory card
- Warm and waterproof clothing suitable for the weather, location and time of year
- Walking boots
- Torch / head torch
- Snacks and hot drinks
NB Terrain is quite muddy. There will be a bit of walking, mostly on footpaths but some rocky uneven terrain too. Expect hiking of around 1-2 miles throughout the morning.
This is a group C event for up to 6 people.
In the light of recent developments, the latest government guidance and leading industry practice the RPS Landscape Group has adopted the following updated guidelines for events involving meeting in person.
- Before attending one of our workshops or events please take a lateral flow test and do not attend if the result is positive.
- Unless you are medically exempt you are encouraged to be fully vaccinated (i.e. 2 vaccinations, plus a booster if applicable) to attend one of our events. If you are not fully vaccinated (for whatever reason) you must follow rigorous social distancing measures including:
- maintaining a physical distance of at least 2m from other participants and the event leader whenever possible
- wearing a face covering whenever it is not possible to maintain such a distance
- following any other social distancing and infection prevention measures and advice issued by relevant public health authorities.
- You must not attend any event if you have symptoms of covid-19 or have had a positive covid test result within the last 14 days.
- The event leader may ask you to wear a face covering at certain times e.g. while indoors or while any tuition necessarily takes place in close proximity to the tutor or other participants. Unless you are medically exempt you must comply with the event leader’s requests.
- Decisions regarding the implementation of these precautions will be those of the event leader, taking account both of current government guidance or regulations and, if this would lead to a more cautious approach, common sense. The event leader's decision will be final. If you are not willing to comply with any such instructions, please don't book a place.
You should take out insurance to cover cancellation in the event that you contract Covid-19 and are unable to attend.
Carers and helpers
Any person who has a health condition or disability and needs a carer or helper may bring them along to an RPS Landscape Group event without charge. You must book a carer/helper ticket for your helper.
The carer/helper is there to assist you and will not be given any tuition or be permitted to participate in the photographic discussion. Attendance is free of charge but any out of pocket costs such as meals, transport or accommodation will be borne by the attendee.
Please note: your personal data (name, email address and telephone number) that you supply when booking an event will be passed to the event / workshop leader in order to enable them to:
- contact you in advance of the event to remind you or notify you of joining instructions (or changes thereto) etc.
- contact you at short notice before or during an event in case of any emergency or last-minute changes (eg because of weather).
By booking this event you are deemed to consent to this transfer of your data.
- Venue Information
There are toilet facilities at Mill Road Car Park but they only open from 8am and cost 20p. Before that there is the nearest bush, or a short drive to the nearest service station at Fontwell.
There is a parking charge at Mill Road - £3.50 for 4 hours, £5 all day – CASH ONLY
- Cancellation policy
Cancellation by You
If you wish to cancel your booking PLEASE let the event leader / organiser know with as much notice as possible. If nothing else, this can avoid them delaying the start of the event while they wait for you.
If you have paid for an event, please note that this fee/ticket price is non-refundable unless we are able to sell your place to somebody else. You are welcome to sell your place yourself but, again, PLEASE notify the event leader / organiser in advance of any change.
Cancellation by us
Event leaders are asked to make plans for alternative activities or locations in the case of poor weather and, in most cases, events will proceed despite poor weather unless, in the view of the event leader, the weather will lead to unacceptable safety risks or very little chance of successful photography. It is inevitable, however, that occasionally an event will be cancelled for this or another reason beyond the RPS’s control.
Occasionally an event may also be cancelled owing to lack of bookings. So if you wish to attend an event, don’t leave it till the last minute to book as it may be too late.
If an event is cancelled we will give you as much notice as we are able and any payment by you to the RPS in respect of the event offered as a full refund. In the case of events cancelled because of lack of interest we will aim to give at least three weeks’ notice wherever possible.
Please note we are NOT able to refund any associated or consequential costs including but not limited to travel, accommodation, insurance premium or other costs incurred by you in order to attend the event.
Mill Road car park