Tickets for this event will go on sale on 11th February 2022.
Join professional landscape photographer, Mark Banks, on this five-day (six-night) residential workshop in one of the most beautiful and varied landscapes in the UK.
Based along the shores of Gairloch in the Scottish Highlands, the group will visit a variety of photogenic locations such as the beaches of Udrigle, Poolewe and Achnasheen to the north and along the shores of Loch Maree and surrounding woodland to the east.
Autumn colour will be spectacular at this time of year! The highlight of this trip is photographing the famous Torridon mountain range such as Beinn Eighe, Sgurr Dubh and Liathach as well as the stunning vistas on offer around Upper Loch Torridon.
Transport from and to the hotel is provided each day.
Exertion level is classed as ‘Easy to Moderate’ and each location is carefully selected for its fine views and easy access.
There are, however, areas of uneven terrain, which may be challenging for those with limited mobility. Please contact Mark Banks if you would like to discuss further before booking (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This workshop is unsuitable for wheelchair users due to the terrain.
Breakfast, packed lunch and a two-course evening meal are included in the cost of this workshop.
Please bring / wear:
Microspikes (optional but very useful)
Umbrella - necessary!
Plenty of layers and suitable waterproof clothing and footwear is necessary for this workshop.
Wellington boots or walking boots and gaiters will be required.
This event will be subject to public health advice and, as such, is liable to potential postponement or cancellation. If it is cancelled, full refunds will be made. Please see our cancellation policy below for further details.
In the light of recent developments, the latest government guidance and leading industry practice the RPS Landscape Group has adopted the following updated guidelines for events involving meeting in person.
- Before attending one of our workshops or events please take a lateral flow test and do not attend if the result is positive.
- Unless you are medically exempt you are encouraged to be fully vaccinated (i.e. 2 vaccinations, plus a booster if applicable) to attend one of our events. If you are not fully vaccinated (for whatever reason) you must follow rigorous social distancing measures including:
- maintaining a physical distance of at least 2m from other participants and the event leader whenever possible
- wearing a face covering whenever it is not possible to maintain such a distance
- following any other social distancing and infection prevention measures and advice issued by relevant public health authorities.
- You must not attend any event if you have symptoms of covid-19 or have had a positive covid test result within the last 14 days.
- The event leader may ask you to wear a face covering at certain times e.g. while indoors or while any tuition necessarily takes place in close proximity to the tutor or other participants. Unless you are medically exempt you must comply with the event leader’s requests.
- Decisions regarding the implementation of these precautions will be those of the event leader, taking account both of current government guidance or regulations and, if this would lead to a more cautious approach, common sense. The event leader's decision will be final. If you are not willing to comply with any such instructions, please don't book a place.
You should take out insurance to cover cancellation in the event that you contract Covid-19 and are unable to attend.
Please note: your personal data (name, email address and telephone number) that you supply when booking an event will be passed to the event / workshop leader in order to enable them to:
- contact you in advance of the event to remind you or notify you of joining instructions (or changes thereto) etc.
- contact you at short notice before or during an event in case of any emergency or last-minute changes (eg because of weather).
By booking this event you are deemed to consent to this transfer of your data.
- Venue Information
Excellent accommodation, food and drink.
- Cancellation policy
Cancellation by You
If you wish to cancel your booking PLEASE let the event leader / organiser know with as much notice as possible. If nothing else, this can avoid them delaying the start of the event while they wait for you.
If you have paid for an event, please note that this fee/ticket price is non-refundable unless we are able to sell your place to somebody else. You are welcome to sell your place yourself but, again, PLEASE notify the event leader / organiser in advance of any change.
Cancellation by us
Event leaders are asked to make plans for alternative activities or locations in the case of poor weather and, in most cases, events will proceed despite poor weather unless, in the view of the event leader, the weather will lead to unacceptable safety risks or very little chance of successful photography. It is inevitable, however, that occasionally an event will be postponed or cancelled for this or another reason beyond the RPS’s control. If an event is postponed we will transfer your booking to the rearranged event, with the option of a refund if the rescheduled date is not suitable for you.
Occasionally an event may also be cancelled owing to lack of bookings. So if you wish to attend an event, don’t leave it till the last minute to book as it may be too late.
If an event is cancelled we will give you as much notice as we are able and any payment by you to the RPS in respect of the event offered as a full refund. In the case of events cancelled because of lack of interest we will aim to give at least three weeks’ notice wherever possible.
Please note we are NOT able to refund any associated or consequential costs including but not limited to travel, accommodation, insurance premium or other costs incurred by you in order to attend the event.
Myrtle Bank Hotel
- Myrtle Bank Hotel