Come and join in the selection and have one of your pictures in the London Region Members 2021 Exhibition
For the last three years, London Region has held an Exhibition of Members' work. Our philosophy is that each Member should have at least one picture selected. The process is that each Member puts forward four pictures, which are voted on "democratically" by the members present. This year is obviously going to be different as it is online but here's what you need to do to take part and submit your images.
Here's what you need to do:
- Sign up by following the link above
- Prepare four digital images for the Exhibition Selection Day. Images can be any size but, for guidance, should be at last 1mb.
- Upload to Dropbox, which will be sent to all those who have signed up.
- Set aside the morning (and early afternoon) of November 21st to share in the selection process!
What shape will the day take:
- Everyone who signs up will be able to join via Zoom
- First Round. Pictures will be shown in groups of four and those present will be able to vote (using the zoom voting process) for the two they like best
- Second Round. This will be the opportunity to see the two preferred images again and to vote on an "either/or" basis. This will give us Preferred Images and a set of reserves from which to create our Exhibition.
Just to clarify, all the Preferred/First Choice Images will be exhibited - one from each person. Depending on numbers and spaces available, our Exhibition Designer and Organisers will choose from the reserve images to create a "balanced" show..
All the Preferred/First Choice Images will be displayed. Depending on numbers and spaces available, our Exhibition Designer and Organisers will choose from the reserve images to create a "balanced" Exhibition.
We will canvas your views as to whether we stage an online exhibition as well as a physical event. We have some galleries in mind, but none are able to confirm at present but we are confident that we will be able to exhibit in the Spring.
For the physical exhibition, you will be invited to print and mount (50cm x 40cm) your images in the usual way or, we will do this for you at cost if you prefer.
There will be an entry fee for each Member submitting work: this fee will go towards the cost the the Exhibition (Gallery Hire, posters etc.) although most of the cost will be sponsored by the Region as it has been in previous years.
- David Hicks
Join from your location
Link will be supplied