Our popular bi-monthly single documentary image competition is open for all Documentary Group members to submit their best/favourite photos. There will be a prize of "New ways of seeing" by Grant Scott for the winner and two highly commended prizes.
Your entries should be sent to email@example.com
The winner will be selected shortly after the closing date by the Doc Committee.
All images will be put into a Documentary Group gallery on the RPS website and some selected for publication in Decisive Moment.
All images remain the property of the photographer but RPS Documentary Group reserves the right to use the images on the RPS website, social media and in the Documentary Group e-journal 'Decisive Moment'.
Best of luck this, we look forward to seeing your work.
- Saturday, February 29 gallery
- Thursday, April 30
- Tuesday, June 30
- Monday, August 31
- Saturday, October 31
- Thursday, December 31
All entries must include:
- your full name and membership number
- an image title
- a little background for the shot. For example: What made you press the shutter release? Is this photo part of a larger project, a photo essay or simply a grab shot which tells an amazing story by itself? Did you have this shot in mind when you set out with your camera or was it a lucky spot?
- EXIF data where possible
Entries are limited to:
- one image per Documentary Group member per round
- images taken within three months of the closing date
- must have been taken by the member submitting
- new images (no re-submissions)
- jpeg format in RGB mode, the higher the resolution the better.
Before submitting please ask yourselves the following questions:
- are you satisfied that you are posting an image which documents a significant or historical event or is an accurate reflection of everyday life?
- would you be happy for your family or friends to be identified in the photograph?
If the answer is no to either, please reconsider.