NEW - A Webinar for Photographers - conducted by Zoom recorded screenshare. Maximum of 12 participants.
Note: This is for people who have a website and are keen to improve their search engine and online marketing optimisation. It does not, however, cover individual website platforms and how to use them.
This unique opportunity is specifically aimed at photographers, with website designer, trainer and consultant, Allie Astell, and it will comprise of two stages:
- In advance of the webinar, you will be sent a link to download a presentation she has prepared about SEO and online marketing. You can watch these at your leisure, and you will need to have done this before the live session. (This will be available from 12th June.)
- During the Zoom webinar itself, a two-hour Q&A, you will all have the chance to ask Allie your questions, brainstorm ideas, and refine your knowledge so that you can implement her recommendations after the session.
Photography is a hugely competitive industry, so it’s essential that your online presence is optimised as much as possible. Having a website is obviously useful, but if you haven’t optimised it for Google and the other search engines it’s unlikely that you’ll be found.
SEO stands for “search engine optimisation.” In simple terms, it means the process of improving your site to increase its visibility for relevant searches. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to attract enquiries and interest.
In conjunction with this there are various other ways to ensure your online marketing is as effective as possible. This includes blogging, the use of social media, a Google Business profile, listings in online directories and various other routes.
This Instagram webinar would be an excellent choice to book in conjunction with Allie’s workshop.
The course is suitable for both amateur and professional photographers who are interested in broadening their online exposure.
Please note this course requires that attendees already have a website or one being finalised, and an intermediate level of computer literacy.
- An overview of SEO and online marketing
- The basics of SEO: expert advice on how to make your site search engine- friendly, particularly when it comes to optimising your photographs
- Why having a well-maintained blog is key to SEO success
- An overview of Google Analytics
- The importance of social media in your marketing plan
- How to find suitable directories to add your profile to including Google Business
- Third party platforms that can help you measure where you could improve your online presence
- Q&A webinar
- The webinar will be recorded so that attendees are able to download it and refer back to the session as required
How to prepare
Ahead of the Q&A session, you’re strongly encouraged to put together a list of questions you’d like to ask or issues you have. Once all questions have been addressed, you’ll be invited to ask more questions if time allows.
Follow up support
Any additional support required will be chargeable by the hour.
Please look out for the attachment in your confirmation email, it contains Zoom joining information. If you don't receive it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The tutor will need access to your email address to enable her to send you any information regarding the workshop. We will presume that by booking this course you are giving permission unless you contact us to state otherwise.
Overseas participants - Please check the time of the workshop if you are outside the UK. This link which will help you to calculate the timing of the online workshop: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html
Allie Astell, Founder of Manage My Website is an Authorised Squarespace Trainer and Approved Specialist and has lectured for Guardian Masterclasses. With 12 years’ experience training people in website design and online marketing, she'll spend 2 hours teaching you how to optimise your online presence with clear guidance to walk you through the process. This is a webinar not to be missed.
Image: Emma Delves-Broughton FRPS
- Emma Delves-Broughton
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
Join from your location
Link attached to event booking confirmation email