Members submitted another stunning collection of images to the Landscape Group competition during February 2022.
Millennium Bridge to St Pauls By Chris Griffin
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Chris's image
While we have seen the bridge photographed many many times this is as good as the best. Excellent consideration to the angles and lighting leading the eye through to St Pauls. Exposure is spot on too.
I choose this winning image because I like the lighting, clarity and colouring
An exceptionally sharp and clear image for a night time shot, with great colour and contrast.
I liked the "Millennium bridge to St Pauls" because of the definite leading line of the bridge, which because of the position of the photographer and the light on the bridge, does not obscure, but leads the eye to the dome of St Pauls and the rest of the buildings on that bank of the river.
An unusual view of an often photographed subject. Wonderful light and clarity of image.
Loch Assynt Pine, Eigg By Mairi Macaulay LRPS
View more of Mairi's photography,
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Mairi's image
It is an image I would have loved to have taken myself, it has mood. good composition and nicely processed.
I would like to have taken this. I admire its austerity, economy and restraint - less is more indeed - to convey meaning and atmosphere.
A lovely peaceful image with a good subject and lots of negative space around it.
Sunset at Bow Fiddle Rock by Ron Peat
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Ron's image
Lovely use of ND filter to smooth out the sea and clouds. Nice contrast between the sunlight on the main rock and the foreground rocks in shadow.
- A very pleasing image, good use of a filter.
How the competition works
- Landscape Members email their image.
- Images are displayed on RPS Landscape group’s website.
- On the 23rd-28th of each month, Members are sent a link to a voting form and invited to vote for their favourite 3 images.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners are announced on the 1st of the month and can be seen on the Landscape Group competition web page.
- The Prize in 2022 is Robert Harvey's book in hard cover, Britain's Best Landscapes and How to Photograph Them.
Full instructions can be found on the RPS Landscape Group website.
Look out on the RPS Landscape Group Facebook page for updates.