Landscape Group Members submitted another stunning collection of images to the Landscape Group competition during May 2022.
Sunday Afternoon Stroll by Brian Lunt
The location is West Kirby on a tidal washed lake looking toward North Wales hills, Flintshire. It's a great place for photography and very close to me. A good place for walking where you can walk out to islands. There are lots of birds, some seals and a good location for sunsets. This was one of those very bright and warm days with high greyish clouds, giving a white sky.Camera is a Canon 5D SR Lens Canon 100-400 Yes, a telephone zoom which I have used for landscapes for long time. I’ve had a camera in my hands since my 10th birthday. I’m now 69 and taken many photos but sadly a lot got lost while moving but it’s a good excuse to take many more landscape photos which I love.
Each month, I look forward to seeing the photos uploaded to RPS Landscape group competition.
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Brian's image
I liked the composition, the symmetry and the reflection and the way it faded away at the edges.
I love the simplicity and the composition. An original piece of work.
Lovely gentle treatment of a Sunday afternoon stroll. I like how the yacht and its reflection dictate the handling of the image.
I wish I had taken it!
The Lie of the Land by Bill Daniels LRPS
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Bill's image
I just like its simplicity and it looks good without any sky. This makes one focus on the lines of the hills and fields.
Rannoch Moor Sunset John Cuthbert ARPS
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Peter's image
- I like the composition of the image generally. The focus on the rocks in the foreground and the depth of field draws the eye across the water to the reflections of the snowcapped mountains. The cloud formation and colour tones of the evening light provide an atmospheric dimension.
How the competition works
- Landscape Members email their image.
- Images are displayed on RPS Landscape group’s website.
- On the 23rd-28th of each month, Members are sent a link to a voting form and invited to vote for their favourite 3 images.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners are announced on the 1st of the month and can be seen on the Landscape Group competition web page.
- The Prize is a copy of Robert Harvey's book in hard cover, Britain's Best Landscapes and How to Photograph Them.
Full instructions can be found on the RPS Landscape Group website.
Look out on the RPS Landscape Group Facebook page for updates.