The Western Region committee extend their best wishes to all our members. We hope you are safe and well.
To maintain focus (pun very intended) on our photography during this period of inability to hold events that members can attend, we introduced in April a Western Region Monthly Competition. Submit a favourite image each month that could see you win prizes of a fabulous hardback photography book and an Amazon voucher.
Entries will be independently judged each month. Each month the first placed entry will become the 'Hero Image' for the following month's competition and will feature on the Western Region website. The first six monthly winners will then be judged to decide who wins the book and voucher.
Congratulations to Antoine Schembri Wismayer, whose image above - entitled 'Steps in the Night' was selected as June's winning entry by Robert Albright FRPS.
The theme for entries in July is: 'Anything Small' inspired by Robert Harvey's excellent guidance on achieving superb Macro images in his talk for us in June. Your entry does not have to be a Macro image - any interpretation of the theme is welcome.
YOU MAY NOW ENTER 1 OR 2 IMAGES PER MONTH
Please ensure you have prepared your entries in line with the criteria below - we're still getting entries not sized correctly!
You may submit one image each month, as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Image sized to 1200 pixels on the longest side @72dpi (this will enable viewers to click through to a larger version of your work)
- There are no restrictions on the age of the photograph you submit
- You may enter images that have been previously submitted to other RPS competitions
- Please include your name and member number in the email and a title for your image (entries will be posted without your name until judging has been completed)
- All entries will be posted on the RPS Western Region website and results will be broadcast to members as well as posted on the website
- By entering this competition you agree to your image being used by the committee on any RPS website or social media page
View this month's entries here
Our judge for the July Competition is...
Robert Harvey ARPS