The Western Region committee extend their best wishes to all our members. We hope you are safe and well.
To maintain focus (pun very intended) on our photography during this period of inability to hold events that members can attend, we introduced in April a Western Region Monthly Competition. Submit a favourite image each month that could see you win prizes of a fabulous hardback photography book and/or an Amazon voucher.
Entries will be independently judged each month. Each month the first placed entry will become the 'Hero Image' for the following month's competition and will feature on the Western Region website. The judges' selections from the first six monthly competitions will then be judged to decide who wins the book and voucher.
Congratulations to August first place winner, Rakesh Nar with his entry: ‘Comet Neowise over Stonehenge’. View all August entries and see our judge Paul Mitchell's comments here
The theme for entries in September is: ‘The Intrigue and Wonder of Abstract’. An opportunity to attempt the art of photography that does not attempt to represent external reality, but rather seeks to achieve its effect using shapes, colours, and textures. Massive scope for all sorts of images - perhaps patterns you spot somewhere, creations from your own imagination, something in nature or anything else you consider abstract.
YOU MAY NOW ENTER 1 OR 2 IMAGES PER MONTH
Please ensure you have prepared your entries in line with the criteria below. This is to ensure all images are viewed equally by web visitors and judge alike.
WE'RE STILL GETTING SO MANY ENTRIES NOT SIZED CORRECTLY THAT SUBMISSIONS NOT MEETING THE GUIDELINES WILL NO LONGER BE RESIZED ON YOUR BEHALF AND WILL NOT BE ENTERED.
Submit your image(s) as an attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Image sized to 1200 pixels on the longest side @72dpi. If you need assistance resizing an image to match the required criteria please let us know.
- There are no restrictions on the age of the photograph you submit
- You may enter images that have been previously submitted to other RPS competitions
- Please include your name and member number in the email and a title for your image (entries will be posted without your name until judging has been completed)
- All entries will be posted on the RPS Western Region website and results will be broadcast to members as well as posted on the website
- By entering this competition you agree to your image being used by the committee on any RPS website or social media page
View this month's entries here