Our online advice system is a free service that allows members of The RPS to upload a proposed body of work with the intention of applying for one of our three Distinctions.
The following points are important to remember when making an application:
1. Online advice should not be considered an alternative to attending an advisory day. Where possible, we recommend attending an advisory day after receiving the feedback. Applications are limited to one per applicant.
2. Images may look different on other monitors. We recommend that you always work on a calibrated monitor.
3. All advice is given on the understanding that it is the personal opinion of the Panel Chair/Member and may not reflect the majority view when assessed.
4. Due to the size of the images, the adviser is unable to comment on the technical quality. Technical quality is part of the assessment will be down to the applicant to ensure the standard is achieved when applying for the relevant Distinction.
5. The comments within the feedback should be taken as suggestions only. It is up to you as the photographer to present your work in they way that best reflects the aims and objectives of your submission.
Please ensure that you allow sufficient time to receive advice before an Assessment. Requests received less than six weeks before a booked assessment will be rejected.