The Royal Photographic Society is a registered charity which aims to educate members of the public, promote the highest standards of photography and encourage public appreciation of photography. The Society was established in 1853 and has over 10,000 members in the UK and abroad. It is the UK’s leading photography organisation, realising its aims through a combination of workshops and courses, competitions and touring exhibitions, a distinctions and qualifications programme, and an annual awards ceremony.
About this role
The web editor is the person who updates the Group/Region web pages with engaging content on the RPS website, using our Umbraco CMS. This role would suit someone with website experience or a good knowledge of how websites work, also a willingness to learn new things and having a creative flair would also be a bonus. Knowledge of the Umbraco CMS would be idea but not essential, as support will be provided.
Please note: to volunteer for this role, you must be a current member of the Society.
Location is unimportant as long as they have a close working relationship with our RO
Volunteer and Member Co-ordinators – Regional Committee and RO
There are no set hours for this role. Based on historical records, the minimum time commitment required to be effective in this role equates to an average of 2 hours per week, depending on how busy the Region is Flexibility is desirable, but many tasks can be performed according to personal availability.
Typical tasks include
• Maintaining the Group/Regions page on the RPS website
• Creating new content, such as news articles
• Ensuring images used have correct credits and permissions as required
What we offer
• A clear explanation of what your role involves, including relevant training opportunities
• Appropriate resources and assistance to help you carry out your role
• A team of skilled HQ staff, including two dedicated Volunteer and Member Support Coordinators, covering 7 days a week to advise and support you as required
• Opportunities to expand your skills and experience in relation to your role, and to change or take on additional roles
• Recognition for your volunteering
• Agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed in accordance with Society policy