n this 2 hour workshop, we’ll show you, step-by-step, how to discover what type of photographer you are in terms of genre, style, content; everything you need to know.
The ability to take great photographs is within us all.
And professionals now have similar kit to ours, so what do they do which elevates their work to greatness?
In this 2 hour workshop, we’ll show you how to plan, find and execute your best shot, what to take with you, and how to edit to perfection.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’d like to know what it takes to create a great photograph.
What will you learn?
- Learn how different types of light can elevate your shot.
- Discover how motifs give your work character and signature.
- What kit you really need, and how to pick the best lens to improve your creativity in your image.
- Planning your shoot, learning to adapt and experimenting on the fly.
- Where to stand, how many to take, and how to know when you’ve nailed it.
- How to quickly identify your best shot, and get it out there.
- A live online workshop, by Zoom, over 2 hours from 6.30 – 8.30pm (London)
- Consisting of 4 signposted stages, with lots of visual examples (so we show not tell), guided voting (to confirm your understanding), live demonstrations plus ongoing support post-workshop, so you can try the techniques for yourself.
- You won’t need your camera, just a cup of tea, a pad and pen.
- You will be sent a PDF guide after the workshop finishes, which contains valuable information on how to take great photographs.
What is Creativity Live?
Creativity Live is a series of workshops designed for those without a formal education in photography. Heavily visual, with plenty of examples, we take a show-not-tell approach to teaching, guiding you step-by-step through the more creative elements of photography; so you understand how to make your work stand out, see behind the scenes how the best images are made, and build your confidence - and ability - to take your photography forwards.
Please look out for the attachment in your confirmation email, it contains the Zoom joining link and passcode. If you don't receive it, please email email@example.com
Jon will need access to your email address to enable him to send you any workshop notes - we will presume that by booking this course you are giving permission unless you contact us to state otherwise.
Overseas participants - Please check the time of the workshop if you are outside the UK. This link which will help you to calculate the timing of the online workshop: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html
Jon Cunningham, is a professional photographer and founder of award-winning creative education company, Creative Escapes. His work has been published in The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Country Living and more, shot 7 books for Penguin and Dorling Kindersley, taught photography internationally across 16 countries, mentored dozens of photographers from beginner to professional, and is the author of ‘Teach Yourself : Your Complete Photography Course’ (Hodder).
Quote from happy participant:
"Thanks for an excellent series - I look forward to each session and find that even those sessions covering topics that are not a passion of mine, eg still life, make me want to explore and experience them"
Image: © Hannah Reyes Morales
- Emma Delves-Broughton
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
Join from your location
Link attached to event booking confirmation email
In this 2 hour workshop, we’ll reveal a multitude of techniques used by professional photographers to make their work stand out, so yours do too.
We’ll show you how to overcome your fears, shoot images of people that connect, tips on portraiture, street, documentary, and how we use light to spotlight our subject.
We’ll show you how to pick everyday objects that speak to you, how these images can elevate any narrative, plus how to build a home studio that delivers.
We’ll show you how to choose places that resonate, how to plan your shoot, see how the right light elevates your image, and how to frame the photograph so you feel part of the scene.
In this 2 hour workshop, we’ll show you how to transport your audience, learn common pitfalls, tell stories not glimpses, and learn some lighting techniques that will make your images glow.