Mastering still photography improves our broader ability to see form, tones and how colours work together.
And still life started photography - and is no less relevant or powerful today.
In this 2 hour workshop, we’ll show you how to pick everyday objects that speak to you, how these images can elevate any narrative, plus how to build a home studio that delivers.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’d like to be able take still life images that speak to you.
What will you learn?
- Discover how to spot and highlight everyday objects that resonate with you.
- See how blending still images with people and places creates a compelling narrative.
- How looking at earlier masterpieces can fuel your creative ideas.
- How to build an inexpensive home studio that elevates your images.
- A live online workshop, by Zoom, over 2 hours from 6.30 – 8.30pm (London)
- Consisting of 4 signposted stages, with lots of visual examples (so we show not tell), guided voting (to confirm your understanding), live demonstrations plus ongoing support post-workshop, so you can try the techniques for yourself.
- You won’t need your camera, just a cup of tea, a pad and pen.
- You will be sent a PDF guide after the workshop finishes, which contains valuable information on how create compelling photographs of things.
What is Creativity Live?
Creativity Live is a series of workshops designed for those without a formal education in photography. Heavily visual, with plenty of examples, we take a show-not-tell approach to teaching, guiding you step-by-step through the more creative elements of photography; so you understand how to make your work stand out, see behind the scenes how the best images are made, and build your confidence - and ability - to take your photography forwards.
View the whole series at this link.
Please look out for the attachment in your confirmation email, it contains the Zoom joining link and passcode. If you don't receive it, please email email@example.com
Jon will need access to your email address to enable him to send you any workshop notes - we will presume that by booking this course you are giving permission unless you contact us to state otherwise.
Overseas participants - Please check the time of the workshop if you are outside the UK. This link which will help you to calculate the timing of the online workshop: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html
Jon Cunningham, is a professional photographer and founder of award-winning creative education company, Creative Escapes. His work has been published in The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Country Living and more, shot 7 books for Penguin and Dorling Kindersley, taught photography internationally across 16 countries, mentored dozens of photographers from beginner to professional, and is the author of ‘Teach Yourself : Your Complete Photography Course’ (Hodder).
Quote from happy participant:
"Thoroughly enjoyed this semi-participatory workshop. Jon had prepared a thorough and engaging workshop - I can’t believe how much he fitted into two hours! I’ve signed up for several more workshops in this series now."
Image: ©photograph of Nadav Kander HonFRPS @courtesy of Flowers Gallery
- Emma Delves-Broughton
- Cancellation policy
Please inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course as it is not possible to refund any cancellation or transfer to another workshop less than 14 days prior to course start date. The Society reserves the right to cancel a workshop 7 days prior to its start date - please check your hotel and travel cancellation policy as this may be affected.
If you are attending one of our workshops that involves a trip out, please ensure you bring all weather clothing and protection for your camera. Persons under the age of 16 are welcome to attend events but, to conform with UK law, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult.
Join from your location
Link attached to event booking confirmation email