Would you like your photograph to be the most prominent image on the RPS website?
Each week there will be a theme. From received entries, a number of members work will be selected to feature as the main image on the home page for a day each the following week.
This page will be updated regularly with new themes until the project closes.
How to enter - please follow the instructions below carefully:
- Images should be jpegs in landscape (rather than portrait or square) format and 2000 pixels wide.
- Do not send images with frames added or watermarks on the image (credits will be added to the page)
- Images should be titled like this: Jan Smith ARPS.jpeg (but with your details obviously!)
- Colour Space: sRGB
- Images should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your membership number
- Specify the theme you're entering in the email subject field
- Think quality rather than quantity
- Enter as many images as you like per theme - good luck!
Tip! Focusing issues are one of the main reasons that images can't be used - please check your work carefully before sending in.
Due to the volume of entries, we will only be notifying successful entrants which day their work will feature. Not getting selected is no reflection on the quality or content of your work. Various things have to be taken into consideration including the page layout, text position and balance of entries throughout the week - so please don't be discouraged and we hope you will enter again!
If you are not a member of the RPS and would like to participate, you can join find out more about joining the Society here.
Themes (your interpretation of the following word):
Interior - Opens: 12 October. Closes: 18 October (midnight BST)
Weather - Opens: 19 October. Closes: 25 October (midnight BST)
Documentary - Opens: 26 October. Closes: 1 November (midnight GMT)
Archive - an image from your archive you are particularly proud of (any topic/technique) - Opens: 2 November. Closes: 8 November (midnight GMT) * Maximum six entries per person for this competition
Previous themes - selected image from all featured that week:
To read a feature on the first 19 weeks of the competition (including images) please click here.
Letters - Closed 13 September
Left: Urs Albrecht LRPS
Sport - Closed: 20 September
Right: Anna Withey LRPS
Urban - Closed: 25 September
Left: Alexey Belov
Transport - Closed: 4 October
Right: Nadia Awad
Autumn - Closed: 11 October
Left: Grahame Soden ARPS
The copyright on all images belongs to the photographer.