1. Visit the submission site here
2. Choose an entry type to submit images, either 'Single images', 'Series of images', or a 'Free image entry'
3. Once you have selected the category you will be asked to enter your name, email address, a RPS membership number (if you are a member), and agree to the term and conditions.
4. You will be asked to submit payment details if you are entering a paid category
5. Once payment has been approved you will receive an email with your unique upload link. Follow the link to submit your images. Please complete and submit your entries before 27 April 2021
6. Title your work and add an optional image caption. If entering images from a project or series, please also include the series name in the image title e.g. 'From the series...'. Only the image title and description will be visible to the selectors during the shortlisting process
7. If uploading more than one image, click save changes after you have uploaded and edited any text
8. Once you have entered all your images and checked you are happy with the titles and caption of each image(s) click submit
9. Once you have submitted your images your entry is complete. No further edits can be made
10. You will receive an email to confirm that your entry has been submitted
Q1. Do you have to be an RPS member to enter?
You do not have to be a member of The RPS to enter your work. Entry is open to anyone, of any age or level of practice
Q2. I can't remember my Membership number
Your membership number can be found on your membership card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a reminder
Q3. When is the final date to submit work?
Entry will close for shortlisting at 23:59 BST on Tuesday 27 April 2021
Q4. Is there a theme or category?
The IPE is an open submission, with no restriction on genre, process, or technique. All subjects and photographic approaches are eligible
Q5. I have lost the email with my entry link
If you have lost your entry, use the link here to request a new link
Q6. Can I pay by PayPal / Cheque / Cash
We can only accept entries paid with a credit or debit card online during the submission process. Reduced entry is available for groups of 10+ please contact email@example.com
Q7. Can I edit my entry and return to it later?
Yes, you can continue to edit uploaded images and text until you are ready to complete and submit your entry. Once you have clicked 'submit entry' no further edits can be made and you will receive an entry complete notification email
Q8. Are collaborations permitted?
Yes collaborations are permitted
Q9. How is the exhibition selected?
An online shortlist will be made in collaboration between the selection panel and the RPS. Shortlisted photographers will be invited to submit prints for the final exhibition selection, which takes place at the RPS. The panel will select an exhibition of 100 prints
Q10. What type of image file can I upload?
Files must be no more than 10MB in size. All images must be submitted as JPEG files, in sRGB colour space. Any files submitted in any other format (including TIFF, PSD etc) will not be accepted by the system
Q11. I have entered 1 free image can I enter further images?
One free single image entry is available to everyone. Subsequent entries are subject to payment: Standard £30, RPS Member £24, Under 30 years old £18. Reduced entry is available for groups of 10+ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Q12. Can I enter more than once?
Multiple paid entries are permitted
Q13. Can I enter by email / WeTransfer or post?
We can only accept images that are uploaded using our entry system to ensure that all entries are logged and available for the selection panel
Q14. I have submitted my entry can I edit it?
You can edit uploaded images and text but once you have clicked 'submit', you can no longer edit
Q15. Is there a time limit on when images were taken?
There is no time restriction set on when photographs were taken
Q16. Should I include my name in the image description or watermark my images?
Submissions must be anonymous and not include the photographer's name in an image title, description, or project statement
Q17. Can my images be manipulated in some way?
Yes, manipulation or editing using editing software is permitted, however, the images submitted must be the work of the entrant only. If an image is from a genre, for example, documentary, photojournalism, travel or natural history, where staging the scene and excessive post-processing or manipulation is not generally acceptable, the image can be submitted, however please make clear in the submission text that the authenticity of the subject has been altered
Q18. Do I need to title my images?
Yes, but please do not include your name in the image title. If selected for exhibition, you will have the opportunity to amend the title of an image or series
Q19. Can I send in prints as my entry?
No, we only accept online entries for the first stage of selection. Prints will only be required if your image is shortlisted
Q20. How do I claim my 15% discount on a new RPS Membership?
All entrants receive 15% discount on any new RPS Membership purchased before the 19 May 2021. Once you have completed your entry and submitted your work, you will receive an email with an RPS membership discount code. Contact the membership department on email@example.com or call 0117 3164460 and quote the code to receive your discount on a new membership.
Q21. I have another question, can you help?
Please contact the exhibitions department if you have any further questions on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 316 4478