The Fellowship distinction requires applicants to submit a body of work/project consisting of 20 or 21 images and a written Statement of Intent and a Presentation Layout. Submissions are open to everyone.
- A submission that demonstrates a distinctive body of work.
- A Statement of Intent that defines the purpose of the work, identifying its aims and objectives.
- A cohesive body of work that depicts and communicates the aims and objectives set out in the Statement of intent.
- A body of work that communicates an individual's vision and understanding.
- The highest level of technical ability using techniques and photographic practices appropriate to the subject.
- An appropriate and high level of understanding of craft and artistic presentation.
The Fellowship distinction is split into various specialist areas, which we refer to as genres. Many of the genres have additional specific criteria. It is important to read through the Fellowship guidelines for further information.