Analogue Group Exhibition 2022
In the second annual Analogue Group Exhibition, a selection of framed prints from Analogue Group members will be touring the UK.
The exhibition opened on 5th October at the Courtyard Gallery in Solihull, and ran until 17th October 2022. The prints are now on display at Heseltine Gallery in Middleton Cheney from 11th January to 5th February 2023. Learn more about the latest exhibition at the dedicated page here.
'In this exhibition we see the work of some of the best practitioners of analogue photography, not only traditional silver gelatine prints but also cyanotypes, wet plate images, intaglio, kalitypes and salt prints, lith prints and the more accessible hybrid (film to digital) images. We see the work of photographers who have recently discovered analogue techniques as well as those of us who remained faithful to our art.' - Richard Williams LRPS, Acting Chair
A glimpse of this year's prints:
As well as the 60-print exhibition, there is also an exhibition of Tony Lovell's ultra-large prints from his 10x8 New York series, as seen in the Large Format edition of the Analogue Journal.
Find out more about this year's exhibition at the event page here.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Eighty analogue and hybrid prints were exhibited in the 2021 Analogue Group Exhibition, held at the Courtyard Gallery in Solihull's Core Theatre from Thursday 23rd September to Friday 8th October. Prints included both back and white, and colour images, in a full range of formats and processes. Take a look at all the images from the exhibition in the digital exhibition catalogue here [via Issuu].
2022 Analogue Group Exhibition Catalogue
A digital version of the 2022 Analogue Group Exhibition catalogue will be available here in due course, please check back soon.
How To Enter The Annual Analogue Group Exhibition
The deadline for entries into the 2022 Analogue Group Exhibition has passed. We look forward to seeing your work in 2023.
- Entrants must be current members of the RPS Analogue Group
- Prints only (we hope that transparencies may be accommodated in future events)
- All images must be the exhibitor’s own work and be suitable for public display
- Prints must have originated on, or printed on analogue media
- Prints submitted must ready mounted to fit into a 50cm x 40cm frame. All mounts must be white (or close to white), with a bevel-edged aperture/window for the print
- There must be no text on the front of the mount or print
- A maximum of 3 prints per exhibitor will be accepted (2 plus 1 reserve)
- We will endeavour to return prints to the entrant, where the correct return address has been provided and the packaging is suitable
- Outstanding images will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates
- An exhibition catalogue will be available to all exhibitors
- Copyright in all entries remains with the photographer and all entries shall be accepted subject to the same rules and conditions as those applicable to entries submitted to other competitions or exhibitions organised by the Royal Photographic Society. The photographer/entrant licences the Group to use images for a period of three years to promote the competition and Group
Details for entering the 2023 exhibition will be posted here in due course.