The launch of the Landscape Group monthly competition got off to a very good start. Members submitted over 50 images between the 1st and the 23rd of January!
Carmel Harris ARPS AFIAP
I was first introduced to ICM photography at a Northern Region workshop in October 2018 being run by Andy Gray - a Northumbrian Photographer. I was engaged immediately by Andy’s enthusiasm for his craft and for sharing his knowledge; the beautiful images he created and the creative possibilities this opened up for me.
My background is in Fine Art so this way of practicing photography really appealed to my creative mind and gave me the opportunity to be more experimental in my work. I have incorporated ICM as a technique in much of my landscape photography and also, successfully, in other genres - people, places and street.
This image was taken at Luskentyre Beach on the Isle of Harris & Lewis where I was on one of Mark Banks’s workshops in March 2020 - the week before we entered our first ‘lockdown’ - talk about ‘just in time’!!
Post processing in Lightroom Classic - I adjusted Blacks -23, Whites +71, Highlights -100, Shadows +69, Vibrance +20 and Texture +50 and printed it on Fotospeed Platinum Etching Paper, which gives a lovely watercolour feel to the print.
Like many photographers before me, I have completely fallen in love with Isles - the big skies, changing light and the amazing colours. I was disappointed not to be able to revisit again this March - however I’m rebooked on Mark’s workshop for March 2022 - all being well!!
CARMEL MORRIS ARPS AFIAP www.carmelmorrisphotography.co.uk
Mark Reeves ARPS
Joint 3rd Place
Lindsay Southgate LRPS
Wendy Aker LRPS
How it works
- Landscape Members email their image.
- Images are displayed on RPS Landscape group’s website.
- In the last week of the month, Members are sent a link to a voting form and invited to vote for their favourite 3 images.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners are announced on the 1st of the month and can be seen on the Landscape Group competition web page.
- The Prize - for the first 6 months the 1st place winner will get to choose one of fotoVUE's photo-location guidebooks.
Full instructions can be found on the RPS Landscape Group website.
Look out on the RPS Landscape Group Facebook page for updates.
Landscape Group Events can be found here