We are looking for keen volunteers to invigilate in our gallery to help enhance the visitor experience at RPS House. The gallery is open from 10 to 5pm Thursdays to Sundays.
- Reports to: Front of House Officer/Building Manager
- Location: RPS House, 337 Paintworks, Arnos Vale, Bristol, BS4 3AR
Desired Skills & Experience:
• A desire to gain experience in volunteering in an arts or photography organisation
- An interest in engaging people and inspiring education in photography
- Experience of working in public-facing roles with a wide spectrum of members of the public
- A good command of spoken English
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend a Team Meeting at the beginning of every new exhibition.
- Help the front of house operations run smoothly and to a professional standard with the aim of encouraging return visits.
- Gaining knowledge about the collection and each exhibition by reading the related information to be able to answer general queries from the public.
- Be an informed point of contact for all public enquiries for the gallery, offering visitors support and information on the exhibition, gallery, RPS.
- Talking to visitors about the exhibition, and ensuring they have any resources or handouts that explain the exhibition.
- Keep a record of visitor feedback, offer visitors the chance to fill in feedback questionnaires.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for visitors, ensuring and maintaining the tidy and orderly appearance of the Gallery at all times.
- Being familiar with the evacuation procedures and be able to implement them in case of an emergency, assisting visitors and colleagues
- Reporting any irregularities in the gallery, security, cleanliness, safety, immediately to the Front of House Officer or Building Operations Manager.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Flexible and reliable with a high level of professionalism
- Enthusiastic about visual arts and photography
- Ability to commit to a day or couple of half days per week.
Positions available NOW
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com