Members submitted another stunning collection of images to the Landscape Group competition during January 2022.
Autumnal Hue 11 By Mohammed Arfan Asif FRPS
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Arfan's image
Good use of shapes and colour in the landscape.
Gorgeous colours very well caught and rendered.
Stunning composition and gorgeous light.
Nice tones and composition.
I really like the simplistic of the bands of colour in this image.
I submitted Autumn Hue as first place because of the colour aspect and the framing of the subject.
Incoming Tide, Eigg By Mairi Macaulay LRPS
View more of Mairi's photography,
Comments made by RPS Landscape Members when voting for Mairi's image
A wonderfully atmospheric image capturing the light and mood perfectly.
I like the composition and the way the long exposure highlights between the fixed (land & stones) versus the moving (tide and clouds). For me having the foreground in focus is good.
Beautifully calm scene with great foreground interest.
Lovely moody picture with clever use of slow shutter speed to create lead- in lines with the tide flow . Particularly like the detail on the circular rock in the foreground . Great use of light to create atmosphere . Overall a masterful composition of these iconic hills.
Love the composition and the light!
St Thomas Abecket Church by Steven Finch
How the competition works
- Landscape Members email their image.
- Images are displayed on RPS Landscape group’s website.
- On the 23rd-28th of each month, Members are sent a link to a voting form and invited to vote for their favourite 3 images.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners are announced on the 1st of the month and can be seen on the Landscape Group competition web page.
- The Prize in 2022 is Robert Harvey's book in hard cover, Britain's Best Landscapes and How to Photograph Them.
Full instructions can be found on the RPS Landscape Group website.
Look out on the RPS Landscape Group Facebook page for updates.