Our region includes the high hills and glacial valleys of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Its beautiful and rugged coastline stretches from the Humber Estuary to the Tees. We also have vibrant and exciting cities and towns. There are many historic sites and places including rivers, waterfalls and canals. Photographic opportunities abound!
We aim to provide and coordinate opportunities for photographers of all abilities and levels to enjoy their hobby, share, learn and develop skills in positive, supportive and enjoyable environments. Activities include:
- Arranging occasional events for members to obtain preliminary advice before submission to an RPS Advisory Day.
- Arranging and supporting formal Advisory Days in association with RPS Headquarters.
- Facilitating visits to areas of photographic interest along with a knowledgeable leader.
- Arranging occasional Zoom lectures, which provides an opportunity to hear from photographers working in Yorkshire. Members who have obtained distinctions may be invited to discuss their successful portfolios.
- Publicising the meetings in the Region that are organised by the Special Interest Groups.
- Publishing regular newsletters.
- Establishing ‘meet the Committee meetings’ on Zoom six times a year. One or more of your Committee members will be available to discuss any Regional issues that members wish to raise.
Our active Facebook community is a place for members to discuss all things photography.
GET IN TOUCH
See the committee page for contact emails for RPS Yorkshire Committee members. For general enquiries:
Announcements of Yorkshire and Special Interest Group (SIG) events will be announce soon. Enjoy the holiday season!
RPS Yorkshire 2023 Exhibition
Our 2023 online members exhibition is now live. Thank you to all who took the time to submit work. Please do browse a while and enjoy!
Contemporary North Showcase
Contemporary North meets in York and is a subgroup of the RPS Contemporary Group. Shared here is a link to their regular newsletters that showcase their members' work. Many of whom are also members of the RPS Yorkshire Region. Enjoy!
We've set up an official RPS Yorkshire Region Flickr Group for you to share your images, ask for constructive criticism and share your suggestions with others. In the future we are likely to curate members' exhibitions through Flickr due to current practical constraints hosting them fully on the RPS website.
If you don't already have a Flickr account, it is free to set one up for up to 1,000 images online. Just follow the link below and choose to join. There are settings that allow blocking of image downloads and other constraints - we recommend you set those appropriate to your needs.
The RPS Yorkshire Flickr Group has been set up with an RPS Yorkshire admin email, so will stay with RPS Yorkshire, regardless of volunteer changes.
The RPS Yorkshire website comprises and contains copyright materials. You may not distribute, copy, publish or use the images or any part of the images in any way whatsoever. You may not alter, manipulate, add to, or delete an image or any part of an image. Copyright for all the images remains with the photographer, contributor, or The Royal Photographic Society.