NOTE NEW VENUE - THE GEORGE INN, NEAR LONDON BRIDGE STATION
We meet on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7pm in the upstairs room (on 2nd floor) at The George Inn near London Bridge Station. It is on the east side of Borough High Street, just south of Borough Market.
This local group is not aimed specifically at people living in Southeast London: the location is chosen because it has good public transport links to various parts of London and the local area.
The evenings are open to all whether RPS Members or non-members; you just need to enjoy photography and want to meet with like-minded people. We typically have about 20 attendees which is enough for good discussion but small enough for all to participate.
The format for a typical evening is:-
- presentation of about 30 minutes by one of the attendees of a project or of recent work
- "picture sharing" where attendees bring along about 6 images on a memory stick which are shown to the group; these images can be for discussion or (constructive) critique by the group - or just images to enjoy!
- discussion of current or future group projects or exhibitions
- the evening closes by selection of a volunteer to do the opening presentation at the next meeting
Although this is a new venue, we expect many of the attendees will have a social drink in the bar afterwards; and maybe even a social drink in the bar before the meeting.
Booking is not required and you just come along. You can see the dates of future meetings here (Note: these may not display in date order!)
Or you can contact the organiser (Judy) here
The pub is close to rail and bus routes. It is just a few minutes from the Borough High Street (East Side) exit from the Underground station; or at the west end of St Thomas Street which runs along the south side of London Bridge Station.
The station has the following lines:-
- Jubilee Line
- Northern Line (City Branch)
- Southeastern services to Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Kent and the southeastern quadrant of London
- Thameslink services to Blackfriars, St Pancras Bedford, Cambridge, Peterborough, and Brighton
- Southern services to Brighton, parts of Surrey and Sussex and the southern quadrant of London
It is also close to London Bridge Bus Station and there are over 12 bus routes servicing the station area. See TfL link here:-
The postcode for the George Inn at 75-77 Borough High Street (next to Lloyds Bank) is SE1 1NH