We meet on the second Tuesday of every month at 7pm in the upstairs room at the Prince of Wales on the corner of Upper Richmond Road and Oxford Road in Putney.
This local group is not aimed specifically at people living in Southwest London: the location is chosen because it has good public transport links to various parts of London and the local area.
The evenings are open to all whether RPS Members or non-members; you just need to enjoy photography and want to meet with like-minded people. We typically have about 20 attendees which is enough for good discussion but small enough for all to participate.
The format for a typical evening is:-
- presentation of about 30 minutes by one of the attendees of a project or of recent work
- "picture sharing" where attendees bring along about 6 images on a memory stick which are shown to the group; these images can be for discussion or (constructive) critique by the group - or just images to enjoy!
- discussion of current or future group projects or exhibitions
- the evening closes by selection of a volunteer to do the opening presentation at the next meeting
Many of the attendees have a social drink in the bar afterwards; some having already had a social drink in the bar before the meeting.
Booking is not required and you just come along. You can see the dates of future meetings here (Note: these may not display in date order!)
Or you can contact the organiser (Judy) here
The pub is close to rail and bus routes. It is midway between East Putney Station (District Line) and Putney Station (South Western Railway from Waterloo and Clapham Junction).
It is also close to many bus routes:-
- 37 and 337 outside on Upper Richmond Road;
- 14, 39, 74, 85, 93, 424 and 430 on Putney High Street;
- 220, 22 and 485 on Putney Bridge Road (at the end of Oxford Road
The postcode for the Prince of Wales at 138 Upper Richmond Road is SW15 2SP