We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7pm in the upstairs room at the Canonbury Tavern on the corner of Canonbury Place and St. Mary's Grove near Highbury and Islington station.
This local group is not aimed specifically at people living in North London: the location is chosen because it has good public transport links to various parts of London and the local area.
The evenings are open to all whether RPS Members or non-members; you just need to enjoy photography and want to meet with like-minded people. We typically have about 20 attendees which is enough for good discussion but small enough for all to participate.
The format for a typical evening is:-
- presentation of about 30 minutes by one of the attendees of a project or of recent work
- "picture sharing" where attendees bring along about 6 images on a memory stick which are shown to the group; these images can be for discussion or (constructive) critique by the group - or just images to enjoy!
- discussion of current or future group projects or exhibitions
- the evening closes by selection of a volunteer to do the opening presentation at the next meeting
Many of the attendees have a social drink in the bar afterwards; some having already had a social drink in the bar before the meeting.
Booking is not required and you just come along. You can see the dates of future meetings here (Note: these may not display in date order!)
Or you can contact the organiser (Judy) here
The pub is close to rail and bus routes. It is short walk from Highbury and Islington Station with:-
- Victoria Underground;
- Great Northern's Northern City Line;
- London Overground's East Line:
- London Overground's North London Line.
It is also close to many bus routes:-
- 4, 19, 30, 263 and 393 along St Paul's Road
- 271 along Canonbury Road
- 4, 19, 30 and 43 along Upper Street
The postcode for the Canonbury Tavern at 21 Canonbury Place is N1 2NS.